About Plantersbank The Bank for SMEs
Planters Development Bank (Plantersbank) is a privately-owned and managed bank with a complete range of commercial banking products and services especially geared towards promoting the interest of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
For the past four decades, Plantersbank has devoted its organization and resources to the service of the Filipino entrepreneur and will continue to champion the cause of SMEs by bringing to them the resources needed in this period of accelerated change and global competition.
- The country’s largest private development Bank with total assets of over P50 Billion, capital of of P3.9 Billion and a nationwide network of 75 branches.
- Nationally acclaimed as the lead SME Bank for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- One of the top 500 in the country’s top 1,000 corporations
- Provider of global expertise and resources through partnerships with the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Netherlands Development Finance Company (FMO) and Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Consistent recipient of awards and citations for SME finance and development, including the first-ever President’s Citation for MSME Development in 2009 and the 2008 Outstanding SME Development Project Award in Asia-Pacific for the Plantersbank SME Business Park.
- Gateway for SMEs into the Internet through the joint venture company with International Finance Corporation (IFC) – PDB SME Solutions, Inc. (sme.com.ph), winner of the 2001 Asian Banking Award for e-commerce service.
Awards & Citations
The Bank has been honored with several awards and citations through out the years. Awards received from 2005 to the present are listed here:
From the President of the Philippines
- Presidential Citation for MSME Development, the first such award conferred during the 2009 MSME Development Week by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, in recognition of Plantersbank’s Best Practices in providing access to finance.
From Asian Bankers Association
- 2005 Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award conferred on Plantersbank chairman Ambassador Jesus P. Tambunting for contribution in defining a market-driven, sustainable and profitable model of SME-oriented banking
- Most Outstanding Marketing, PR and Brand Management for Plantersbank’s For the Entrepreneur, For the Filipino SME Advocacy Campaign
- 2005 Asian Banking Award in Human Resource Management for Spirituality at Work